This video for a short excerpt of the musical composition “Weisses Venn” (from the album release “Elsewhere”) was made from photographs of Bernhard’s oil paintings.
Composed and performed by Bernhard Wöstheinrich
Recorded in Berlin, Germany, July 2017
Mixed by Markus Reuter for Unsung Productions
Mastered by Alexandr Vatagin
Produced by Markus Reuter & Bernhard Wöstheinrich
AA-002-18-CD | released December 7, 2018 | Elsewhere, a record that feels deeply inspired by Krautrock classics, is recorded entirely live and produced by Markus Reuter. The four epic sequencer journeys ignite a black dance of hypnotic pulses, surreal electronic silhouettes and mood music for sentimental cyborgs. The record was created with a minimal, but carefully honed set-up to create these floating and flowing studies in rhythm and time. Continue reading Release: Bernhard Wöstheinrich – Elsewhere→
Friday, Oct. 12 Live-on-Air at WPRB’s Space Music Program ‘Music with Space’
• Music with Space is a radio show that is broadcast live on FM dial and on the web at WPRB.com
• 030 Bloomberg Hall, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544
• Friday night, respectively Saturday morning, from 11:00 PM until 2:00 AM, the live performance will approximately start at 0:00 AM
• Tune in to 103.3 on your FM dial or via the world wide web at wprb.com.
Monday, Oct. 15 Concert at Kung Fu Necktie, Philadelphia
1k presents: Tim Motzer & Bernhard Wöstheinrich Metamorphosis
Kung Fu Necktie Philadelphia
• 9pm show; doors at 8pm
• with special guest: Man From Nowhere
• 1248 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19122 • kungfunecktie.com
• Tickets: ticketf.ly/
A Berlin-Philadelphia international collaboration between Motzer/Wöstheinrich has seen the release of several ‘electronic meets the avant garde’ albums on 1k recordings; and live concerts in Berlin, Philadelphia, and New York over the past decade. Bernhard conjures the German School, Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, and beyond with his sequential synth imagination colliding with Motzer’s textural, ethereal laser beam guitar. The two together push the edge of electronic music towards unknown territories. A rare treat to welcome them back to Philadelphia for this very special concert. Not to be missed.