The afternoon will be accompanied live by Bernhard Wöstheinrich’s ambient soundscapes.
The “Peace Rug” is a floor poster of approx. 40 sqm, which the Artist Stephanie Hanna realized as part of the art competition “Kunst im Untergrund 2019 – Up in Arms”. It shows translations of the question “On what is peace based?” in 67 languages. In a graphic labyrinth, you will encounter a sample of weapon illustrations from the online catalogue of the German armaments company Rheinmetall.
More information at: https://ngbk.de/de/show/20/art-in-the-underground-2019-up-in-arms
Friday, Oct. 12 Live-on-Air at WPRB’s Space Music Program ‘Music with Space’
• Music with Space is a radio show that is broadcast live on FM dial and on the web at WPRB.com
• 030 Bloomberg Hall, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544
• Friday night, respectively Saturday morning, from 11:00 PM until 2:00 AM, the live performance will approximately start at 0:00 AM
• Tune in to 103.3 on your FM dial or via the world wide web at wprb.com.
Monday, Oct. 15 Concert at Kung Fu Necktie, Philadelphia
1k presents: Tim Motzer & Bernhard Wöstheinrich Metamorphosis
Kung Fu Necktie Philadelphia
• 9pm show; doors at 8pm
• with special guest: Man From Nowhere
• 1248 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19122 • kungfunecktie.com
• Tickets: ticketf.ly/
A Berlin-Philadelphia international collaboration between Motzer/Wöstheinrich has seen the release of several ‘electronic meets the avant garde’ albums on 1k recordings; and live concerts in Berlin, Philadelphia, and New York over the past decade. Bernhard conjures the German School, Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, and beyond with his sequential synth imagination colliding with Motzer’s textural, ethereal laser beam guitar. The two together push the edge of electronic music towards unknown territories. A rare treat to welcome them back to Philadelphia for this very special concert. Not to be missed.